Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Roses dress form


Hi bloggers! Here is a dress form that I altered. I had so much fun with this! I have been wanting to alter one for a long time now, so I picked up one of the paper mache dress forms from Michaels. First I painted it with black gesso. After it dried, I put on a layer of crackle medium and let it dry. I then painted it with acrylic paint, this was vintage white. It's amazing how quickly the crackle begins to appear. From there, it was fun deciding what to embellish her with. I fussy cut some roses out of some Colorbok paper and placed them on with multi matte adhesive. I wanted a vintage theme with this dress form, so I found some laces and roses that I thought looked good. I also found a vintage looking wooden clock. I used canvas for her wings and cut them out of the Tim Holtz wing die. I layered them together and attached them to her back. I found a locket in my stack and wanted to include that too, so I used some chain and decided I liked the extra chain wrapped around her for added interest. I had a drawer knob that I found in the Michaels bins and placed that at the top. I used a candle stick holder ($1.00 from the dollar store) as the base and dressed that up a bit with lace and flowers. I was really pleased with the end result! Here are a few close up photos.




In this photo you can also see that I used a Tim Holtz trinket pin with a couple of his tassels and a bead jewel. I love the motion it provides. Hope you like it! And thanks for stopping by! As always, I enjoy your comments!

4 comments :

Denise van Deventer said...

This is gorgeous Denise! Love this altered frame...and love the crackle medium and beautiful accents! ;-)

Adriana B said...

this is gorgeous, love the crackle texture on the body:0 awesome work :)

Sandie said...

Wow, what a wonderful, creative dress form.... the crackle looks so nice and ages it perfectly. All the embellishments are divine!

Unknown said...

Such an amazing artist.