Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Almost done...

As I sat and watched my students take their finals today, I realize how happy I am that the school year is almost over! I'm glad so I can finish up at school and begin to focus on the summer and use the "other side of my brain"! Much of my summer I will be busy creating and traveling for Tattered Angels as a Designer, demo artist, and production assistant. My next trip is to the Great American Scrapbook Convention in Arlington, TX. I leave for that show on June 3rd.

I feel very fortunate to be on the Tattered Angels Design Team. Check out the blogs of the other six extremely talented designers listed under links on the right hand side. They continue to inspire me with their ideas and creativity! I'm also blessed to know Wendy Senger, the owner and creator of My Tattered Angels (http://www.mytatteredangels.com/) and all the fabulous products she has created! It's very exciting to be a part of the early stages of a new and upcoming company, and to work with all the great individuals who make up the creative team at Tattered Angels (shout out to all the warehouse Glimmer Chicks, day and night crew!).

Being a teacher, and having my summers off, gives me the opportunity to travel to scrapbook conventions across the US with Wendy and others from Tattered Angels. It's great fun going to these shows and meeting customers excited about the Glimmer Mist, Glimmer Chips, and Glimmer Screens! It's even more fun to demo these fabulous products and see the enthusiastic response from everyone! With these travels I also get to meet many talented designers and artists in the scrapbook industry. My first opportunity was at winter CHA in Anaheim, CA, and was that fun, but a little overwhelming. More recently, I went to the Memories Expo in NJ with Wendy and her office manager, Trish. Oh the stories we could tell! We threaten to write a book about our four day adventure, so watch out! We had so much fun and met tons of really awesome people! (and even saw a little of New York!)

So, I will keep you posted on future excursions with Tattered Angels. Next show, as mentioned earlier, is the Great American Scrapbook Convention in Arlington, TX - June 5 - 7th. Hope to see you there!

1 comment :

Michelle Van Etten said...

Yeah Denise you are live nice blog hope to get to know you better. Michelle a fellow angel.