Thursday, June 20, 2013

Buddies

This is a layout I did a couple weeks ago when I was up I Estes Park. I love this picture of my Dad and his great grandson, West. I have wanted to document this beautiful photo on a layout ever since I saw it.

 
 
I kept it rather simple, using brown tones and greens. I distressed the edges and inked them. I used my Silhouette to cut out the title and the phrase. I used a stencil and some modeling paste to create some texture and dimension. It dried with a glossy look, which was not was what I was going for, but I ended up liking it after all. It helped to bring in some deeper brown tones to the layout. Here's a couple of close ups.
 

 
Thanks for stopping by!!


1 comment :

Sandie said...

Denise, that is an amazing and touching photograph, and what a beautiful keepsake you have created, adore your colours.
The google friend is going to finish the end of this month, most people are moving over to Bloglovin, so they can keep following blogs. I thought I'd mention it, as I'd love to keep following you.