Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend fun....




This weekend I've been working on cleaning and organizing my scrapbook room. It seems to need a good cleaning every six months or so, I've been trying to getting that done. I didn't finish the chore, I got distracted and began playing with making my own background paper. This project really started in just that way. I wanted to use some of the Glimmer Screens to make my own background. I chose a brown cardstock, the flourish screens and the new decorative corner screens. I placed them randomly on the cardstock and then used red velvet Glimmer Mist. After spraying it, I liked it immediately, but still didn't know what I planned to do with it. The next day when I looked at it, I thought it resembled good colors for a heritage page. So I loked though all my scanned photos and chose this one with my mom, her sister, and my grandparents. I think it must have been taken about 1942. My mom is the older of the two girls.



I really like the look of the Glimmer Glass flourish on the page. It is actually tinted brown, but because of it's transparency it blends with the color behind it beautifully and allows you to see through it to the page and even the picture where it overlaps. The possibilities for these new Glimmer Glass pieces are endless!!

I also used two pieces of Glimmer Chips. I like the look of using one or two corner pieces to add dimension to the page. On both embossed pieces, I colored them with GM red velvet and silver. They really shine nicely and adds just that extra interest to the page, without taking away from the picture itself. The really great thing is how quickly this page came together. Once the idea came, it was put together very quickly!

Have a great day!

1 comment :

Vicki Chrisman said...

Denise..this turned out just gorgeous! So pretty!